Conveyancing Solicitors Near Me – Why Choose E A Harris? A quick internet search for “conveyancing solicitors near me” will usually return a long list of results.
But what should you look for in a good conveyancing solicitor? What do conveyancing solicitors do for you anyway?
You’ll find everything you need to know about the conveyancing process and services here.
What Is A Conveyancing Solicitor?
It’s the job of a solicitor or conveyancer to take care of all the legal aspects of buying or selling property or land for you.
A good conveyancer can end up facilitating a smooth property purchase. A bad one can be a source of constant annoyance and delays.
This means it’s often a good idea to approach a few different choices before you make your final decision. You might want to speak to them to get a feel for them, looking for key qualities such as:
- Friendliness, approachability, and a desire to help
- Clear communications with minimal delays
- Regular updates on progress
- Clear answers to your questions
- Free initial advice
Where We Are Based? Choosing Between Local Options
The number of conveyancing solicitors that cover your local area will vary dramatically by the part of the country you’re in.
For example, our local area of Shotton & Buckley – part of Flintshire (Sir y Fflint) in Wales – has only a handful of options. If you live in a larger city or urban area though, you might have dozens to choose between.
Let trust be your guide. For instance, we’ve made major efforts to gain accreditations from trusted sources – we were the first in North Wales to gain LEXCEL accreditation from the Law Society – and we follow Practice Approved Standards and Case Management Systems.
Also, recognising that you have options when it comes to property and land conveyancing solicitors near you, we’ve made it possible to get free initial advice before you make any decision to go ahead.
It’s this kind of thing that can set one conveyancing solicitor apart from another.
Which Conveyancing Services Do We Provide?
Another area that can help you choose the right solicitor or conveyancer for a property sale or purchase is the comprehensiveness of service.
We’ve got the expertise required to give you all the help and advice you need to complete every legal aspect of your house move under the same roof. We can help you:
- Get legal advice (initially for free, with no need to wait until you’ve agreed to buy or sell)
- Deal with all of the necessary contracts, local council searches, and HM Land Registry
- Handle the money transfer that will pay for your property
The Conveyancing Process
The conveyancing process should take an average of between eight and twelve weeks. It includes some weighty tasks that you need to be sure you trust your solicitor to handle:
1. Instruct your conveyancing solicitor – once your offer on a property has been formally accepted, you can instruct your chosen conveyancer or solicitor to complete the sale. What’s called the “contract pack” can then be sent from the seller’s solicitor to the buyer’s.
2. Get a survey – this isn’t required, but a professional property survey is a standard and sensible part of buying a property.
3. Wait for conveyancing search results – your conveyancer will search for all critical information about the property and its risks. This includes things like flooding, drainage, local mining history, and local authority records.
4. Exchange contracts – work with your solicitor to edit any details in the contract, confirm there are no changes to the property noted in the Land Register, and then agree to the transfer deed, mortgage deed, and final completion statement.
5. Complete – celebrate the finalised sale or purchase of your property while the buyer’s solicitor arranges the transfer of funds from the buyer’s account or mortgage lender.
6. Follow up – as the buyer, you now pay any Stamp Duty and your solicitor registers you as the new owner with the Land Registry.
That’s why it’s so important to go further than a quick Google search for “conveyancing solicitors near me”. Always reach out to the local options you have available and prioritise good communications. A bit of free advice before you commit never hurts either.
Conveyancing Solicitors Near You
Looking for friendly and approachable conveyancing solicitors in Shotton, Connah’s Quay, Queensferry, Ewloe, Hawarden or Buckley?
For over 100 years, local people have turned to E A Harris when they needed solicitors they could trust.